SACF Grant Instructions
(For nonprofits serving Coffee, Dale, Geneva, Henry or Houston Counties)
The Southeast Alabama Community Foundation (SACF) is a public foundation which links charitable resources with community needs and opportunities. Each year, the Foundation awards grants to nonprofits offering projects and programs in Coffee, Dale, Geneva, Henry or Houston counties that, in the opinion of SACF’s Advisory Committee, will improve the quality of life in our community.
While many factors are considered, priority is given to proposals that meet the following criteria:
- Programs that address issues affecting Coffee, Dale, Geneva, Henry or Houston counties;
- “Seed” grants to initiate promising new projects addressing underlying causes of community problems;
- Expanding programs representing innovative and efficient approaches to serving community needs and opportunities;
- Programs that maximize resources and leverage other monies;
- Projects reflecting the cooperative efforts of multiple agencies within the community;
- Programs that can demonstrate funding plans for the continuation of the project beyond initial funding by the SACF.
- CACF or its affiliates do NOT fund:
•Annual fundraising drives, events or marketing campaigns
•Religious purposes (although we do support educational and social service programs offered by faith-based organizations)
•Partisan political advocacy
•Regular operating support or capital projects
•Sponsorship of fundraising events
For 2017, the maximum grant award is $2500, with the average grant ranging from $500 to $1000.
Click here for a list of the 2016 grant recipients.
Steps To Apply
The application is completed online. No paper applications will be accepted.
Grant recipients will be required to complete an online evaluation form at both six months and one calendar year after the receipt of funds. The Foundation will not consider any future grant requests unless the evaluation forms have been completed. Submit Evaluations
Contact Millie B. Armstrong
SACF Affiliate Manager
Ph: (334) 446-0247
Fax: (334) 446-0247